CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’ School (SNGS) will be accepting students into Secondary 1 of our O-Level Programme and Year 1 of the Joint Integrated Programme (JIP) commencing in Academic Year (AY) 2022 via the 2021 Direct School Admission-Secondary (DSA-Sec) Exercise.
The JIP by CHIJ SNGS is in partnership with Eunoia Junior College. Students will spend their first 4 years in CHIJ SNGS before progressing to Eunoia Junior College to complete the JIP by sitting for the GCE A-Levels Examination.
B. Application Process
Application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 5 May 2021, 11am to 1 June 2021, 3pm. For more information, please refer to the MOE website: www.moe.gov.sg/dsa-sec.
Please click this link to go to the DSA-Sec Portal: https://go.gov.sg/apply-dsa-sec
For further details, click on the link to find out more about our DSA-Sec application process.
C. Applicants Not Studying in MOE Mainstream Primary Schools
- Applicants who are not studying in MOE mainstream primary schools will need to obtain a Registration Number from the MOE Customer Service Centre before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. For more information, please refer to the MOE website: https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application.
- All applicants should fulfil the age requirement for Secondary 1 admission in 2022
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents must be born between 2 Jan 2005 and 1 Jan 2010
- International Students (non-SC/PR) must be born between 2 Jan 2007 and 1 Jan 2010
- All international students must also take part in the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) if they wish to seek admission to a mainstream school. International Students who wish to participate in the DSA-Sec Exercise can apply to the respective DSA-Sec schools first before taking the AEIS.
- For further information, please refer to the AEIS website: https://www.moe.gov.sg/international-students/admission
D. Overview of DSA-Sec Talent Areas
Selection will consider candidates’ overall readiness to benefit from the JIP or O-Level Programme. Candidates are encouraged to indicate their preference, where applicable, for their preferred track.
Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the candidate’s area of talent.
For further details, click on the link to find out more about the respective selection criteria and key dates.
DSA Talent Area
For O-Level Programme AND 6-year JIP
Sports and Games
Our Sports and Games CCAs have a strong team of teachers and coaches who are dedicated in ensuring the best training experience for our students. Students can participate in competitions for sporting excellence and also have leadership development opportunities. We promote a strong culture of camaraderie and team spirit in developing our students to be sportswomen of strong moral character.
Sports and Games Talent Areas:
We are looking for students who possess and demonstrate the qualities of ‘Leaders with Heart’, and are passionate and committed to the service of others and the community.
Our Leadership programme aims to develop future ready leaders who are adept at communication and collaboration. Priority is given to DSA-Leadership students to hone their skills through leadership workshops and Design Thinking projects. Students will also have the opportunity to grow their cross-cultural skills and become critical thinkers through organising a variety of school-wide events and camps.
For 6-year JIP ONLY
Information in English
We are looking for students who are linguistically talented, passionate about the English and Chinese languages, as well as excited to learn more about the Western and Chinese cultures. Students should demonstrate critical thinking and oratorical competency in both languages.
As a SAP school, we provide an immersive experience to nurture the DSA-Bilingualism students to become Singapore’s bilingual and bicultural talents. To continue to deepen their interests and abilities in Bilingualism, students have opportunities such as immersion trips to China and the USA, Global Classroom programme with our sister US school as well as SAP activities such as DJ programme, author-in-residence programme and bilingual debates, just to name a few. We promote breadth and depth in language and cultural learning, through a variety of bilingual and bicultural learning experiences to deepen each student’s strengths and passions.
(Explanation in Mandarin)
We are looking for students who are passionate and have strong abilities in Mathematics. Students should be curious, observant and keen to apply mathematical concepts and reasoning to analyse, engage and solve real-world issues.
Our Mathematics programme aims to cultivate in our students an appreciation of the breadth, depth, beauty and power of Mathematics. The programme will equip them with the knowledge to develop creativity, cognitive flexibility and problem solving skills. We will provide opportunities for students to hone their skills and stretch their Mathematical abilities and potential. The key area of focus will be enabling students to use data analytics and computational thinking techniques to engage with real-world issues.
We are looking for students who have the passion and desire to deepen their interest and broaden their exposure in Science related disciplines. Students should be curious and observant about the world around them. They should also be critical and analytical individuals who demonstrate the aptitude in applying and connecting Science with their lives and real-world issues.
Through a rigorous curriculum with greater investigative emphasis to challenge young minds, we aim to hone their skills and deepen their areas of passion and scientific knowledge through a robust co-curriculum. Students will be developed into innovative and reflective thinkers who are equipped with the skills, processes and moral integrity to thrive in our future world. We facilitate students’ pursuit for excellence by enabling students to take ownership in carrying out scientific research and providing opportunities for them to interact and collaborate with other budding Science talents.
E. Commitment from Successful DSA Applicants
- Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school (i.e. CHIJ SNGS) and programme, which is 4 years for the O-Level Programme and 6 years for the JIP (4 years in CHIJ SNGS and 2 years in EJC). They are expected to participate in the activities related to the talent area they are selected for from Year 1 to 4.
- Successful applicants will NOT be allowed to participate in the Secondary 1 Posting Exercise to opt for secondary schools and will NOT be allowed to seek transfer to another school after the release of the PSLE results. They will be assured of a place in CHIJ SNGS so long as they are eligible for the Express course option based on their PSLE results.
For further enquiries pertaining to the DSA admissions process, please contact CHIJ SNGS at:
- Telephone: 6354 1839
- Email: chijsng.DSA@gmail.com